Due to unprecedented growth and as a commitment to our customers VL Test Systems Ltd is looking to recruit a National Sales Manager.
Applications should be made with a CV and Covering Letter to the Operations Manager by email at email@example.com
The role profile is below:
National Sales Manager
The UK Executive.
The Technical Sales Area Manager will be responsible for increasing orders received for the UK and ensuring the subsequent installations meet customer approvals within effective profit margins. To achieve this, they will motivate the Sales Area Managers to meet their targets and ensure the performance from the HQ Sales, Marketing & Installation team supports the department objectives. Delivering installations to the required customer standard and with a profitable outcome will be achieved by managing the installation engineers and delivery driver.
This role will also act as a Sales Manager for key accounts and be responsible for establishing and running regular customer satisfaction surveys and resolving all customer complaints relating to Sales and Installation activities.
The National Sales Manager will be required to liaise with the Engineering & Operation Managers and contribute regularly to Management meetings that formulate business strategy and provide the operational excellence for which V L Test Systems are renowned.
Responsibilities and Duties
The key responsibility is to allow for seamless accountability between sales, marketing and installation activities. Leading by example, this role will provide the focus on: customer contact and quotations, order receipt and equipment purchasing from Holland, stock availability required to fulfil the contracts and installation activity. The National Sales Manager will leverage marketing opportunities within social media, whilst maintaining an effective conventional advertising presence.
This role requires extensive national travel (possibly attend meeting abroad) and be based within one hour’s drive of the Head Quarters in Buckingham. This role requires the full cycle of management activities are completed (whether direct or delegated). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Oversee all Sales personnel
- Manage key accounts
- Organise and oversee exhibitions
- Organise and oversee social media / brochures / advertising etc
- Organise Sales training as required
- Liaise with Operations and Engineering Managers to form an effective management team
- Oversee and organise Installations (with input from Engineering Manager)
- Be involved with recruitment for Sales, Marketing and Installations new staff
- Carry out presentations and demonstrations to the Industry
- Preparation of Sales budgets Engineering & Operations Managers
- Assist with ATF/MOT layouts and approvals
- Formulate Budgets and estimations
- Manage Marketing activities & personnel
- Resolve Complaints and run Customer Satisfaction surveys regularly
- Ensure Installation equipment is ordered in a correct and timely way
- Work with Engineering & Operations Managers to ensure stock optimisation
- Fulfil Manager Duty Rota responsibilities at HQ in Buckingham
- Liaise with Finance team to ensure purchase orders and invoicing are completed to the required standard and timelines
- Follow company policies and processes.
- Project V L Test Systems as a first class professional company.
- Work with other V L Test System colleagues to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the company.
- Manage allocated company vehicle maintenance and roadworthiness.
- Drive safely and maintain company image on the road.
- It is a requirement of this role to be able to drive. Being convicted of a driving offence, resulting in a ban or offenses that combined exceed 12 penalty points within 3 years, will result in termination of employment.
- Submit Expenses accurately and in a timely way.
- Actively participate in Management meetings, providing insights on the marketplace and suggestions to improve company performance.
- Actively engage in own development and training.
Qualifications, Experience & Profile
- Previous experience in a Garage Equipment Senior sales or customer focussed role.
- Motivated & dynamic
- Excellent timekeeping
- Ability to liaise with Directors and Workshop staff alike.
- A clean driving licence preferred
- Flexible with their working hours
There will be a probationary period of six months, where performance to this role profile will be reviewed and during which the candidate would have moved to or have proof of an imminent move to the required area.
- Salary to be discussed
- Company Car & Shell Fuel Card
- Credit card and expense account
- Private Health Care
- Increased Holiday entitlement