Company Contact details: Neil Hodges – Operations Manager, email@example.com
Document DP5A Privacy Notice (when personal data is obtained from the data subject)
Topic: Data protection
Date: 22nd April 2020 Version: 002
The Company is an engineering business which provides the supply, installation and aftersales service of Vehicle Test Equipment throughout the UK, Ireland and MOD sites worldwide.
The Company must process personal data (which will not include sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an enquiry form or via a telephone conversation or email exchange, or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a UK Government agency or a business networking / trade organisation.
The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you and your organisation with products and/or information relating to services and commercial contractual processes. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
- Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which will not include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with commercially necessary information. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
b. Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- For the purposes of providing commercial information relating to our products, services or contractual processes.
The Company will process your personal data with the following recipients:
- V L Test Systems Ltd’s Parent company.
- V L Test Systems Ltd’s approved list of appropriate providers, for example: accountants, banks, couriers and logistics companies.
- DVSA and other UK government agencies
c. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our Company may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
V L Test Systems Ltd will be unable to provide the products, services or aftersales care required by your organisation.
- Overseas Transfers
The Company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with your products, services and aftersales care. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
We must keep contractual records for as long as is legally required by UK government agencies.
- Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Neil Hodges – Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact Brian Beacon – U K Executive & Company Secretary, email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.